Frank J. Falcione
EHS Professional/Colleague and EHS Association
Committee Member with whom
RL Enterprizes, Inc.'s
President/CEO associates with
Highly motivated, goal oriented Director of Quality with extensive background in Operations Management, Design Engineering, New Product Development, Project Management and Quality Management Systems.
Marconi, Network Components, Lorain, OH
Global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of a broad range of telecommunications systems, products and services.
Director of Strategic Quality, Network Components, Present
Managed the following functional groups: Quality Systems, Supplier Quality, Product Integrity, Quality Engineering, Test Engineering and Reliability for Network Components.
- Establishing a common TL9000 compliant Quality Managements System for North America.
- Achieved field product performance improvements of 40% over 18 months.
Director, Engineering Services for Network Components, 1999
Led Engineering Services team in the investigation, evaluation, implementation and execution of continuous improvement techniques for optimizing new product development.
- Focused effort on new product development processes utilizing tools and organizational techniques (i.e. Electrical and Mechanical CAD Systems, Advanced Simulation, Internet and Project Tracking) leading to a 35% decrease in product development cycle time.
Chiron Diagnostics, Oberlin, OH
Global healthcare company providing instrumentation and chemistries combining therapeutic, blood testing, vaccine and research strategies in many disease areas, including cardiovascular, infectious diseases and cancer.
Manager, bDNA Instrumentation, 1998
Led a multi-functional team in the manufacture of the first high volume viral load instrument capable of providing multiple test capability for HIV, HCV, and HBV.
- Implementation team activities included product concept through market introduction utilizing resources from California, Boston, France, England and Cleveland.
- Managed a matrix organization to ensure that the products provided customer/patient reliable test results.
- Met project milestones and metrics which led to a successful release of the product to the market
Manager, Instrument Engineering, 1994
Utilized resources from engineering, purchasing, planning, and manufacturing to meet all business responsibilities of the team based continuous improvement manufacturing performance and working environment.
- Utilized of advanced quality problem solving techniques to verify team continuous improvement activities and measure effectiveness.
- Led ISO-9001 Implementation team to successful registration of the Oberlin Facility in less than 8 months.
Ferranti Defense Systems, Inc., Lancaster, PA
A prime electronics developer and manufacturer of military electronics for domestic and international government contracts. Products ranged from laser/video guided Missiles to aircraft instrumentation.
Manager of Engineering, 1992
Managed Systems Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Test Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Reliability Engineering functional areas responsible for developing specifications for internal designs in order to meet customer specifications/requirements.
- Implemented TQM implementation, served on the MIS Steering Committee for Engineering and Program Management, Engineering Proposal coordinator and Technical Marketing.
- Evaluated Request for Proposals (RFP's) for conceptual design, technical writing and labor estimating.
- Project Engineer for transition of Missile Integrated Electronic Unit from design to production including test design, development, scheduling, budgeting, and customer liaison.
- Designed timing sequencer for pressure detection test station, preliminary design of an 8086 microprocessor based computer card, and technical proposal support for Master Control Unit of advanced radar simulation system.
- Design liaison for shipboard communications test station, and Project Engineer for Laser Target Simulator.
Sanders Associates, Inc., Nashua, NH
A developer and manufacturer for government military electronics. Products specifically focused on Air Force guidance controls and flight instrumentation.
Senior Design Engineer, 1987
Position responsibilities included design and development of Digital Circuit Card Test Stations.
- Test Station capability included hardware designs implementing Z80, 8086 and 68000 microprocessors.
- Developed and implemented hardware designs of a Bus Simulator/Memory Tester as well as Microprocessor emulator system for use in Factory/Depot Test Equipment.
Allied Bendix Aerospace, Columbia, MD
Provider of a products and services supporting depot logistics and flight lines for NASA, US Air Force and Navy.
Design Engineer, 1985
Upgrading and engineering support for Mobile Laser Tracking System as part of NASA's Laser Tracking Network. Design improvements of computer controlled guidance systems, logic design, and testing of optical energy measurements to improve total system accuracy.
B.S., Electronic Engineer (1982)
Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
Executive MBA (1996)
Baldwin-Wallace College, Berea, Ohio
IEEE, ASQ, AMA, AME, and TL Quest Forum